Bookends

Time it was, and what a time it was, it was
A time of innocence, a time of confidences
Long ago, it must be, I have a photograph
Preserve your memories, they're all that's left you
Paul Simon
Thanks to Gary Cliser for creating this video for me.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

L is for Livesay

Sheldon Livesay is my 2nd cousin. He is the director of an outreach ministry in Rogersville, Tennesse that feeds not only souls but the bodies of so many in the three surrounding counties. Of One Accord Ministry is actually much more and is doing a great job. However, Sheldon is also the recipient of a box of photos left in his Aunt Jewelle's basement that lead to even more family history connections. I can't even imagine where we would be without his amazing discovery.
Sheldon, Rogersville, Tennessee, 2014
Sheldon is the son of Mossie Rhea and Jack Livesay shown below.


Mossie is the daughter for Victor Rhea who is the brother of my grandfather. William. In the picture below, my grandpa is back row, left and Victor is back row, right. 
I am proud to say that I am related to Sheldon. After visiting Tennessee and seeing his work in person, I realize that he is one of those people who saw a need and took it on. It has made me more giving in my own community. Twice blessed here, Sheldon's ministry has made me a better person and vintage family photos appeared out of thin air to make my genealogy infinitely more interesting.   

1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying following your ancestry. I try to connect all the dots. Ancestry is so interesting

    ReplyDelete