Bookends

Time it was, and what a time it was, it was
A time of innocence, a time of confidences
Long ago, it must be, I have a photograph
Preserve your memories, they're all that's left you
Paul Simon
Thanks to Gary Cliser for creating this video for me.

Friday, April 10, 2015

I is for Ira Gardner

In a box in the basement, Sheldon Livesay, my 2nd cousin, found a treasure trove of photos that belonged to his Aunt Jewelle. Jewelle Brown was the daughter of Victor and Cornie Rhea. Sheldon not only scanned all the photos but if they had any kind of writing, he added that also. We have only been able to identify about half of the people and there are several of us working on it. 

This child is identified as Ira Gardner. My tree does not have anyone by that name and it does not come up in the letters written by my Great Grandmother. However, Jewelle kept it so it was meaningful for her. 

The picture was found in Rogersville, Tennessee. 


Cute baby, I hope someone will claim him. 

4 comments:

  1. I wonder if you can look at the census or anything (you probably already have). It is an old picture so I wonder if Ira made it to adulthood. Infant mortality was so high back then. His Aunt may have know then story

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love family history! Hope the baby pic finds its home. A to Z Blogger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the deleted comment. I do Not love my cell phone service.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete