Bookends

Time it was, and what a time it was, it was
A time of innocence, a time of confidences
Long ago, it must be, I have a photograph
Preserve your memories, they're all that's left you
Paul Simon
Thanks to Gary Cliser for creating this video for me.

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

E is for Easter


A day or two late posting this one. 

Easter is a family memory as sweet today as it was then. My mom would make my dresses but we always shopped for my Easter Bonnet. Of course, I would get new white shoes. They were shoes I wasn't allowed to play in and only wore them on Sundays.

We always had a ham. It is inconceivable to think of Easter without ham. We got Easter baskets and went outside to look for eggs. We always went to church. Well, we went to church every Sunday but Easter was special.

My brother and I in 1952

My brother and I in 1954, right after we moved into our brand new house.

Same swing set in 1955. I am surprised my mom let me swing in gloves although I am thinking this was staged because I don't look so happy.

September 1956, not Easter but a regular Sunday morning. The two younger women are Patsy and Sandra Peach who lived with us, My dad is holding my brother and there's my mom. Again, I am not looking to happy. I didn't like pictures.   

 Hope you had a wonderful Easter. 

1 comment: