Bookends

Time it was, and what a time it was, it was
A time of innocence, a time of confidences
Long ago, it must be, I have a photograph
Preserve your memories, they're all that's left you
Paul Simon
Thanks to Gary Cliser for creating this video for me.

Monday, June 9, 2014

Frances Louise McAdams 1909-2000

Frances Louise McAdams was the daughter of Ollie Belle Tyler and Joshua McAdams. There were already two pictures of her that I found on Ancestry.com but this one was not there. This is from the box of photos Sheldon found.

Ollie Belle Tyler was the daughter of Carolyn McCollum, the sister of my great grandmother, Martha Jane McCollum. This is a fun family because Ollie's sister Ida wrote letters to Victor Rhea and I am in the process of transcribing them. They are full of family history and little tidbits about my great grandmother and her family. The letters make the people with just dates come alive.

Frances married Roy Campbell when she was 18. They had four children and she passed away at age 91 in Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment