Bookends

Time it was, and what a time it was, it was
A time of innocence, a time of confidences
Long ago, it must be, I have a photograph
Preserve your memories, they're all that's left you
Paul Simon
Thanks to Gary Cliser for creating this video for me.

Friday, June 6, 2014

First photo

Many of the photos come from Sheldon Livesay. He is my 2nd cousin and I had the opportunity to meet him last years when my cousin Patty and I made a trip to Tennessee to find our roots. Sheldon runs "Of One Accord Ministry" where they provide food and outreach services for people in Hancock and Hawkins Counties. We were blessed to be able to see this program in action.

Sheldon found a treasure trove of photos in his basement which he posted on his website and copied for Patty and I. I will be adding a lot of his pictures but I am starting with my favorite of all the Rhea family photos.


William Rhea (my grandfather) in the back row, Washington Floyd Rhea, and Victor Edwin Rhea (Sheldon's grandfather). 
In the front, Lily Bower Rhea, Martha Jane (McCollum) Rhea, my great grandmother, Luvena Rhea and John Rhea (Washington Floyd's oldest son). 

I use all names in my research because some of them don't go by their given names. My grandfather was "Will". Washington Floyd was called "Floyd". Victor. Lillie, Luvena, and John were called by their first names. My great grandmother went by "Jane". The photo was taken about 1908 at the Martha Jane Rhea home in Sneedville, Tennessee.  

1 comment:

  1. Darrell Ray Here. These folks look amazingly similar to my ancestors that we have photos of. Lol, Not just a little either.

    ReplyDelete