Bookends

Time it was, and what a time it was, it was
A time of innocence, a time of confidences
Long ago, it must be, I have a photograph
Preserve your memories, they're all that's left you
Paul Simon
Thanks to Gary Cliser for creating this video for me.

Saturday, November 22, 2014

My dad's Army Air Corp buddies, Dave Waterman and Harley Smith, Sheppard Field Texas, 1944

With hundreds of pictures to scan, there are some gems. In the pictures of my dad with Dave Waterman and Harley Smith, he looks happy and carefree. Most of the pictures of his early years are posed and serious so these are just fun.

I don't know anything about Dave Waterman or Harley Smith. I only have memories of him talking about the fun they had. So, if you know Dave Waterman or Harley Smith, please feel free to copy the pictures.

 Dave Waterman on left, my dad, Ernest Oliver Rhea on the right

Ernest Rhea, Dave Waterman, and Harley Smith


1 comment:

  1. What a super blog! I have come from the A to Z challenge. I look forward to visiting regularly.

    ReplyDelete